How to Perfect Your Brand Message
As a business owner, you have a brand. In fact, even if you don’t own your own business, you still have a brand. Your brand may be personal, professional, or both. Have you taken a hard look at your brand lately? If you have and it isn’t what you want it to be, you need to perfect your brand message.
Your approach to beautifying your brand
Now that you have taken that long, hard look at your brand, you should have been able to come up with some answers and a direction in which you would like to move to bring your branding and your business to the next level so that it becomes wildly successful. There are several different way that you can make that happen.
- Create a positive impression: The last thing that you want to do, when it comes to your brand, is to leave a lasting negative impression. If you manage to do that, you will be leaving the other person with an association (and an image) of your business that is definitely long lasting but that is also extremely negative at the same time. You don’t want to go there, ever! You need to be very clear about establishing a positive image and leaving a positive impression. Undoubtedly, you have competition. There are bound to be other business owners and other businesses that do what you do and share your goals for success. That is exactly why you need to be the best that you can be and to succeed in spite of the competitors, not because you are able to squash them on your way to the top! Make your brand sing and offer products and/or services that are unique and intriguing. If you can accomplish that, you will succeed at getting the other person to choose you over your competition in many cases.
- Establish a clear message: One of your keys to success is the fact that you will have one clear, brilliant, unstoppable message that will never waver and will wow anyone who comes into contact with it. You will be making a fatal error if you try to spread yourself too thin by coming up with a multitude of messages. It is far more effective to concentrating on perfecting one message than establishing several that are mediocre and lackluster! Your one message will smoke the competition in that niche and there will be no stopping you.
- Use language that is clear and concise: You may be tempted to use terminology that is fraught with jargon when you are addressing your professional connections. Don’t do it. The other person will not appreciate it and you will lose whatever credibility you have been able to establish up to that point. How you communicate is just as important as what you communicate. You would be surprised at how many people don’t have the ability (or the skills) to communicate in proper, effective English. Don’t you be one of those people. Make sure that your branding position is crystal clear and remains that way until the end of time.
- Use your product and/or service descriptions very carefully: The adjectives that you choose to describe your products and/or services must be chosen very carefully. Make sure that your choice of adjectives is unique, compelling, magnetizing, and extraordinarily valuable to the person who is reading your content. It will pay off.
- Spread the word: You must spread your branding message (and your marketing messages) properly and you should start with your own organization. Make sure that you communicate what needs to be communicated and make sure that it is done right the first time. It won’t be a mater of your having to spread the word all by yourself. You can get the other people in your organization to spread the word as well. It won’t be like the telephone game. In the telephone game, the message starts out one way and becomes so distorted along the line that by the time it reaches the last person, it bears no resemblance to its original self. In this case, your message will begin and end exactly the same.
- Concentrate on the relationships: Although your ultimate goal is the same as everyone else’s (which means that you have a desire to sell your products and/or services), getting there can be approached differently than you might think. In other words, you shouldn’t concentrate on advertising (or selling). You should concentrate on the relationships that you will be establishing with your professional connections. That automatically turns your efforts from advertising to public relations. You must concentrate on connecting with the other person on a human (or emotional) level. If you can manage to touch their emotions, you will be able to convince that person that he or she would be better off buying what you are selling. It isn’t as difficult as you might think to make that happen.
Working your brand doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to spend a large amount of money. In fact, it may not require that you spend much money at all. However, that doesn’t mean that it won’t require something from you. It most certainly will. It will require your time and your effort, and most importantly, it will require your passion. Make sure that when you are telling others about your brand, you do it in a sincere, authentic, exciting manner. Getting your brand in the shape that you want it to be in is essential to your success so make sure that you check it frequently because it will require tweaking from time to time. You shouldn’t allow it to remain stagnant. After all, you don’t allow yourself to remain that way. If you are able to pour all of that into your business, you will become a huge success before you know it.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. For a complimentary assessment of your online presence, let’s have coffee.